The holiday season is a love/hate relationship for many people. We love visiting family and friends, and sometimes we receive gifts, but our wallets and purses often hate us for buying gifts for others. Many shoppers are out en masse searching for that perfect gift; one that is thoughtful and special to the person it’s intended for, but also one that isn’t going to break the bank. We all love a good deal. But not all special gifts need to be store bought. Many of us have materials laying around the house that could be used to make a great gift with little out of pocket expense at all.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best lists of DIY Xmas gifts and decorations we found across the web:
- Sew an ear bud pouch to keep your headphones from becoming a constant, tangled mess.
- Make some holiday Chap Stick at home with this simple tutorial.
- Put together some DIY coasters using old maps.
- Crochet a warm blanket for your friends or family.
- Design and create some rustic DIY Xmas decorations or felt pine trees.
- Check out these 12 DIY Christmas wreath ideas, perfect for new homeowners or the creative person in your family
- Compile and create a family recipe book. Who could say “no” to a book of yummy recipes?